Well lookee here! I’ve been nominated for a Kreativ Blogger Award by the one and only, Chris Vear.
This little award is a viral one, like everything else on the internets. So it’s my turn now to spread the love to seven other artists and list seven random things about myself.
The following folks are incredibly talented and I look forward to every new blog post they put out there:
Chris Sasaki – Met Chris at APE this year. He was at Laika as well, now over here at Pixar. He really knows how to push shape and line in his character designs.
Josh Parpan – Josh is a regular at APE and Comic Con, as one half of Goblin Fish Press. Love his colors and the twisted vintage golden book style he works in. As I recall he is at JibJab right now making awesome stuff.
Josh Cooley – Damn this guy is funny! Pixar story artist who is a regular at APE and the SF Sketchcrawls.
Liana Hee – Liana is one of the friendliest artists you will ever meet. Her pinup girls are super cute and she’s always donating her work to great causes.
Erin Middendorf – Erin is coworker and friend who has an incredible knack for drawing animals. I always enjoy leaning over and looking at what she’s got cooking on her screen!
Kate Burgess – Kate is also a coworker and an incredible environment artist. She hails from the land of Canada and has recently been doing some very cool (and from the looks of it, tedious) pencil drawings.
And now for Seven Random Facts about Bill Robinson:
- I may live in CA, but I am a New Englander at heart. I grew up in MA and I miss having real seasons and lush green trees. (I really don’t miss the snow, though.)
- My girlfriend is a Chinese hip hop dancer who has a soft spot for enormous dogs.
- On the last day of summer before I started 6th grade, I fell out of a tree and broke my left arm. I got a sweet neon green cast!
- One of my all-time favorite movies is Death Becomes Her. I’m a sucker for dark comedies about dead people.
- I really like cooking. After recently having to change my diet for health reasons (no, I’m not obese) I have started cooking my own food way more often. It’s great!
- I had what some might consider an unhealthy obsession with The X-Files when I was growing up.
- Growing up I wanted to work in special effects…specifically for Jim Henson’s Creature Shop. Unfortunately the Creature Shop shut down and over the years everything switched over to CG. So in college I did a whole lot of 3D animation. I still like 3D, but in the past few years have been focusing more on illustration. Maybe I’ll be back to 3D some day…
Hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into my very exciting life! Haha.