Lead artist with four years of industry experience. Passionate about creating unique characters and environments for film, television, and games. Able to adapt easily to a variety of styles. I’m confident working alone or as part of a larger team.
Rochester Institute of Technology June 2006
BFA in Film & Animation, with Highest Honors
Lead Artist – Kabam – San Francisco, CA
October 2010 – present
WonderHill was acquired by social strategy game maker Kabam in October of 2010. I was brought on as a Lead Artist for an unannounced project that is currently in development. Working closely with producers, UI artists, engineers, and art outsourcing houses to deliver a new experience on the Facebook platform.
Lead Artist/Producer – WonderHill Games – San Francisco, CA
February 2009 – October 2010
Lead a team of artists and engineers on the hugely popular social game “Tattoo City” on Facebook. Designed characters, painted backgrounds, and provided Flash animation for the game. Worked closely with Creative Director to establish game style and mechanics. Roughly 3 million monthly active users, as of Sept. 2010. Promoted from Junior Artist to Lead Artist, July 2009. Promoted to Producer, May 2010.
Visual Development/Animation – Three Rings Design – San Francisco, CA
April 2007 – February 2009
Visual development for characters and environments on Whirled.com, a massively multiplayer online game. Worked closely with designer Brittney Lee, as well as easily switching between self-directed and collaborative projects under different Art Leads.
Visual Development/Animation – Fisher Price Toys – East Aurora, NY
June 2006 – March 2007
Designed environments, props, and vehicles for 22-minute animated direct-to-DVD project called, “Planet Heroes”. Responsibilities also included 3D modeling, character animation, texturing, lighting, and compositing.
Background Painter – “Happy and Gay” Short Film (Freelance)
Jan 2005 – June 2006
Painted roughly twenty backgrounds for director Lorelei Pepi’s short film “Happy and Gay”. Utilized Photoshop skills and research knowledge to successfully emulate the style of early 1920’s animation backgrounds.
- Fox Searchlight
- Fisher Price
- Animax Entertainment
- Alembic Cinema (dir. Lorelei Pepi)
- Atomic Avenue
- Wonderhill Games
- Three Rings Design
- Character Design
- Final Model Sheets
- Color Styling
- “Love at First Roach” – Short Film, Director, Production Designer, 3D Artist
- “Drawn In” – Short Film, Co-Director (with Brittney Lee), Designer, 3D Artist
- “Dance of the Seasons” – Short Film, Background Painter
- “Spare Parts” – Short Film, Director, Production Designer, 3D Artist
- “Happy & Gay” – Short Film, Background Painter
- “Good Deeds” – Indie Feature, Illustrator
- “Nancy and the Dapper Toad” – Short Film, Illustrator
TV, Video and Video Game Credits
- “Planet Heroes” – Direct-to-DVD video – Visual Development & 3D Artist
- “Totally Twisted Treehouse” – Unaired TV Pilot – Character Designer
- “Pet Deposits” – Unaired TV Pilot – Character Designer
- Whirled.com – Video Game (MMO) – Character & Environment Design, Flash Animation
- Corpse Craft – Video Game (online, strategy) – Background Painter
- Bang! Heroes – Video Game (Side scroller, online) – Environment Designer, Flash Animation
- GreenSpot – Social Game (MySpace) – Character & Environment Designer, Flash Animation
- Tattoo City – Characters, Props, FX, User Interface, Flash Animation
- Untitled Universal Project (Universal Studios) – 2011 (illustrator)
- “Prepare to Board”, 2006 – by Nancy Beiman (featured art from my student film, “Love at First Roach”)
- “Maya Character Modeling and Animation”, 2006 – by Tereza Flaxman (featured art)
- “Gwendolyn in the Underworld”, TBD – by Ian Samuels (illustrator)
High skill level with
- After Effects
- Windows, OS X and Wacom tablets/Cintiqs.
- Co-Chair of Purrcasso Art & Craft Gala, Berkeley CA, 2009
- Exhibitor at Alternative Press Expo, Maker Faire, and WonderCon
- RIT Outstanding Undergraduate Scholar Award, 2006
- RIT Presidential Scholarship, ’02-’06
- Golden Key National Honor Society Member
- RIT Honors Show Screening, 2005, 2006
- Best Animation, Vincent T. Slavin Film Festival, 2005